Monday, August 6, 2012

Summer hair series: the high ponytail


The "ponytail".  I know I started this Summer Hair Series to try and avoid the ponytail, but I am heading to the beach next week, and I have to be realistic- a ponytail will happen at some point during the week.  Might as well be prepared : )

As an on-the-go mom, the ponytail is my standard hairstyle.  But, I can honestly say that it never looks stylish...it looks convenient.  So here are a few pointers that make all  the difference ...wearing it high, teasing the ends OR wearing them extremely smooth, covering the hair-tie OR pick one that is visually interesting...and never...never loop your hair back through so the ends stick up like turkey feathers...something I am extremely guilty of doing throughout the summer...and maybe even throughout the year : ) 

source
source
source
source
source
source
source


Here is a high ponytail tutorial that shows you how to get that messy, full-bodied look in your high ponytail:


(tutorial through howcast.com)

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment